- Written by Louise Clavey
C. £75,000 plus car allowance, strong bonus potential and benefits package.
Our client is a very successful lending solution provider to the UK SME sector which last year launched a new retail car inventory financing proposition. They have very quickly become a major player in the supply business of the stock market finance industry introduced through brokers, car/van dealerships and car manufacturers. Not only has this company grown its storage product very quickly, but the wider business has an impressive track record when it comes to asset finance lending. They have also grown tremendously as a company over the last 3 years thanks to their simple and transparent way of working with their clients and making things happen!
Reporting to the Head of Inventory Finance, the Regional Director will be responsible for implementing the strategic and operational strategy of the new inventory finance proposal on a regional basis. Find, develop and close new business opportunities and build and lead a team of account managers to manage and grow these clients in life.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Business development in the defined geographical area through sectors and assets in line with the company’s strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships with key resellers, introducers, customers and relevant suppliers.
- Creation, construction, development and management of the regional team.
- Ensure that appropriate credit policies and procedures are in place, relevant and adhered to, provide true customer insight through high quality credit applications, using market and credit knowledge to drive forward proposals that are genuinely justifiable and do not pose unnecessary additional risk.
- Manage credit stewardship in the region by self or others.
- Use appropriate and specified tools as instructed to maintain sales pipeline, door-to-door plans, credit management responsibilities including audits, and ensure regional staff use the same tools to avoid any gaps in operational efficiency.
- Build an external profile of self and the organization by attending meetings, presentations, events, conferences, etc.
- Liaise effectively with underwriting, operations, finance and other internal functions to develop and improve customer service.
- Market analysis and analysis mechanisms to generate information and identify opportunities.
- Stay close to the strategic sectors chosen to help identify current legislative changes specific to each market and understand regulatory changes in all areas.
- Ability to engage and align colleagues to get things done and able to build trusting and collaborative relationships across the business.
- Undertake any other duties specified from time to time as required by the business.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and in particular those relating to data protection, money laundering and fair treatment of the customer, by following up-to-date training if necessary.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- A confident, ambitious, standout character with the ability to build rapport.
- Solid understanding and background in equity finance.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the confidence to challenge supportively and effectively when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and expectation management skills.
- Strong judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking.
- Determined to succeed, full of energy with humility and strong personal motivation.
- A collaborative and supportive work style with the ability to delegate.
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery.
- Financial acumen, ability to distinguish a “good” deal from a “bad” deal.
- Ability to understand key early warning indicators on a sectoral basis.
- Ability to onboard and coach key regional staff to a competent level.
If you want to work for a company with a great culture, backed by a strong management team, where the common goal is to grow the business in the right way for their customers, this could be for you.
Contact: As a first step, please send your CV to Mark Lyons at [email protected] or call 0161 258 0053 or 07470 476320 for a confidential interview.
If this role is not in the right place but you would like to register, please visit www.marklyonsrecruitment.com to submit your details.