Ford, which is already helping commercial customers “do it themselves” with the world’s most popular pickup trucks and vans, now plans to redefine those customers’ success with Ford Pro – a global vehicle service and distribution company which will increase uptime and lower costs of ownership. for increased productivity and performance.
The new business – distinct within Ford and the first of its kind among automakers – is a major outcome of the Ford + plan for growth and value creation, which is based on building long-lasting and ongoing customer relationships.
âFord Pro will redefine the utility vehicle and service market, where Ford is already the world leader,â said Jim Farley, CEO of Ford. “We are creating a one-stop shop to help these customers increase their uptime and productivity while reducing complexity and the total cost of ownership.”
A fundamental strength of Ford Pro is the most comprehensive and flexible lineup of F-Series and Ranger trucks, as well as Transit, the world’s best-selling minivan – and their flawless modernization. Soon, Ford will begin manufacturing high-volume electric vehicles, including the E-Transit later this year and the F-150 Lightning Pro in mid-2022, which Ford Pro will pair with commercially-oriented charging solutions.
Besides the expected benefits for customers, the ambitions of Ford Pro for itself are important. The company expects its growing capabilities and attractiveness to generate $ 45 billion in revenue from adjacent and new equipment and services by 2025, up from $ 27 billion in 2019. In North America, Ford’s share in Class 1 to Class 7 full-size trucks and vans today exceeds 40%. In Europe, Ford has been the number one brand of commercial vehicles for six consecutive years.
Farley said Ford Pro will be led by Ted Cannis as CEO. Cannis will work with Hans Schep, general manager of commercial vehicles for Ford Europe, and other regional leaders. Cannis currently leads Ford’s North American CV business and was previously head of the Team Edison electric vehicle development group.
Redefine, unleash the business value of customers
Ford Pro, which will be implementing new services in stages, is squarely focused on helping business customers work better, with productive, sustainable and intelligent connected vehicles and services.
Today, Ford maintains relationships of trust with nearly 125,000 commercial and government fleet customers in North America and thousands more in Europe and beyond. Ford Pro is designed to anticipate and respond to their needs and those of new customers even faster and at lower cost.
âWe’re going to give business customers even more reasons to choose and trust Ford,â said Cannis. âOur team understands that when customers win, we win, which is why we are completely focused on creating tremendous value for them.â
Ford Pro will integrate, digitize and simplify transportation with capabilities covering:
- Ford Pro vehicles – including Ford’s wide range of combustion-engine and hybrid utility vehicles and, soon to be, fully-electric versions of the company’s advanced vans and full-size pickup trucks being developed for commercial use
- Ford Pro loading – hardware and software solutions for public, depot and home charging of EVs so that they are ready to operate again the next day
- Â·Ford Pro Intelligence – digital services, with distinct functionalities integrated into their vehicles that allow customers to better manage and maintain their fleet
- Ford Pro Elite Services – extend Ford’s strong network of CV centers by adding 120 dedicated large bay service centers across the United States with extended hours and fast turnaround time, as well as the introduction of 1,200 mobile service vehicles by 2025 to meet customers where they are, save them money and get them back in business, and
- Ford Pro FinSimple – pooled financing for vehicles, services and recharging of electric vehicles.
Some elements of Ford Pro’s commercial services have already been introduced and are currently being expanded in Europe, including the recent launch of Ford Fleet Management and Ford Pro Liive. The latter is a connected availability system that is expected to reduce customer fleet downtime by up to 60%. These enhanced services are driving higher levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, as well as growth for Ford.
Ford Pro will initially be launched in North America and Europe. More information can be found at fordpro.com.