UK Credit

DWP Universal Credit applicants could receive 100% advances on their monthly payments

Those who apply for universal credit are used to receiving their payment on a monthly basis and on the same date.

But applicants can actually get advances on their payments if needed.

Applicants in financial difficulty can receive their payments sooner instead of waiting for them. All of this can be done on the government website, and here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply.

When people reapply for Universal Credit, they normally receive their first payment seven days after the end of their first assessment period.

But if you need the money earlier than the usual date you receive it, applying for it is an easy and vital process for some people.

For example, if people are having financial difficulties, such as not being able to afford rent or buy food, then they can apply for the advance.

You will need to repay your advance over time from your future Universal Credit payments, or by other means if you no longer receive Universal Credit, such as your salary or other benefits you may receive.

You can apply before you receive your first payment or if you are already paid by UC.

There are three ways to do this: through your Jobcentre Plus work coach, through your online account or by calling the Universal Credit helpline.

You usually get a response the same day, and you can get up to 100% of your estimated payment as well.

Sign up for the HertsLive newsletter below for the latest news straight to your inbox:

If you’re looking for a way to keep up to date with the latest breaking news from Hertfordshire, the HertsLive newsletter is a good place to start.

Updating twice a day will deliver key news and features straight to your inbox.

We choose the most important stories of the day to include in the newsletter, including crime, court news, long reads, traffic and travel, food and drink articles and more.

Signing up for the newsletter is easy. All you have to do is click here and enter your email address.

This is one of the many ways you can read the news that matters to you on HertsLive.

Make a request via your online account:

The government website says, “Choose the ‘Request an advance’ section to request an advance online through your account.

“You can only apply for an advance online if you are in your first universal credit assessment period and have been interviewed at Jobcentre. If you have passed your first assessment period, you will need to apply by calling the helpline.

“When you request an advance online, the amount you can get will be displayed on the screen.

“If you are part of a couple, you will also be asked if your partner accepts the advance.”

Make a request through your work coach or the Universal Credit helpline:

The government website says: “If you request an advance by talking to your work coach or calling the Universal Credit helpline, you (and your partner if you have one) will need to:

  • “Explain why you need an advance;
  • “Provide details of the bank account where the advance is to be paid (talk to your work coach if you cannot open an account);
  • “Have your identity verified at a Jobcentre.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.