UK Credit

Become a Qualified Dangerous Goods Vehicle Driver (ADR): After qualifying

You will get your Dangerous Goods Driver Card (ADR) within 28 business days of the exam if you pass it.

The back of your ADR card will indicate the courses you are qualified to take.

You should not transport dangerous goods while you wait for your card to arrive – if you drive without a card you could be sued and fined.

How the card is sent to you

The card will be sent to the address your training provider has registered for you. It can be either:

  • Your address
  • the address of your training provider

Ask your training provider to which address it will be sent.

If your card does not arrive

E-mail SQA if your card has not arrived after a week.

Replace a lost, stolen or damaged Dangerous Goods Driver Card (ADR)

E-mail SQA to replace your driver card in the event of loss, damage or theft.

It costs £ 10 to request a replacement card, which you can pay by debit or credit card.

You should receive your replacement card within 10 business days.

Change the name on your card

You can email or write to the ADR team to request the name change on your driver card.

You must send proof of the change. You can send copies of the documents.

You can use:

  • your passport
  • your driver’s license
  • a voting certificate (or marriage certificate for name change)

Change address

Your driver card does not include your address.

However, you should say SQA your new address so they can update their records.